After Korat I went to 2 days of school, one of which wasn't really school because there was a festival, so there were no classes. The night of the 2nd day, I came back to school around 10 to meet up with the cast of the school's play The Wizard of Oz (in English). I waited around for an hour or so, then vans came to pick us all up at midnight. From there, we drove to Bangkok, which took 6.5 hours about. I really don't remember much, I had my ipod playin tunes, and I was sleeping. We got to the AUAA campus (American University Alumni Association) and headed up the their auditorium so the actors could practice on the new stage. After they practiced, we headed to the hotel for lunch, and clean clothes. Once we had eaten, the girls went shopping, and me and a few guys went to go look for something to do. We ended up settling on going to see a movie: Death Race. It was pretty awesome, and after that we went back to the hotel for more food and down time. The next day, we got up pretty early to eat, and go back to the AUAA for the actual competition. There was more practice in the morning, and at 2:30, the real competition started. None of the plays were full length, most of them were under 20 minutes. Ours went 2nd, and did the best I've ever seen them, which still wasn't very good. After all the plays had finished, the best in my opinion being Hamlet (translated into normal English), performed by the regional winner from Bangkok. There was a short break, then the judges made their decision. We got 4th place out of 5, and Hamlet ended up winning. From there, we got into the vans, and drove to a market for food and more shopping. After we'd eaten, we started the long drive home. We didn't get back to the school until 3 in the morning, so I didn't get to sleep until about 4, then woke up at 10 this morning. Overall it was a really fun and relaxing trip, and I got to see Oam; he came to watch the play. Hopefully I'll get to go on another trip soon; but thus far, I haven't known until a day or two before, so who knows.
-Jamie
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
jamie. you're a little dork. you need to update!!
Post a Comment