Sunday, October 19, 2008

These past 2 months... (Part 1)

Sorry I haven't posted in forever, but this is the first time in the past month that I've had access to the internet for more than about 5 minutes. Although I've been asked a few times, I'm not going to describe my house, or my school, but I will post pictures of both. I will however, start by describing a normal school day. First off, my brother wakes up around 6, I wake up around 7, then I go downstairs, usually take a shower, then iron my clothes. If after ironing my uniform I have time, I'll grab something to eat. But I always get a mug of hot chocolate. That's usually what my breakfast consists of, but if I get actual food, it's always the same. Fine or sticky rice combined with pork, or sometimes leftovers from dinner the night before; i.e. barbecued chicken, or vegetables. After that, I'll get my uniform on, which consists of special shoes, special socks, a special belt, a special pair of khaki/brown shorts, and a special bluish white button-up shirt with my Thai name and school stitched onto the chest.
After my brother, my mom, and I are ready to go, my mom drives us to school, because she works there as an English teacher. The school day is different every day of the week, so I'll just give a general synopsis. For me, most of the classes are the same, there's a teacher, and the teacher teaches the class while speaking... either Thai, or Isaan. I'm not completely sure which. But for the most part I just listen to my ipod, and read a book, or play my Nintendo DS. I also have 1-3 hours of Thai classes everyday from one of the Thai English teachers. That's helped my language a lot, and is really helpful. Also, on Thursdays and Fridays, I have a Pre-Calculus class in the English Program (E.P.), taught by a foreigner from Camaroon, I believe. That will help me to keep up a little in school. After school my mom will drive me home, and my brother goes off somewhere to study practically everyday, or talk with his girlfriend, or both.
When I get home, I usually grab something to drink, then sit down at the computer, or work out. Depends on the day. Everything is different everyday, and yet, it begins to seem routine. I'm starting school again for the first time in a month tomorrow. We'll see what happens...
--- Jamie ---

No comments: