Sorry that I haven't posted in a couple weeks, I've either done nothing, or been really busy. The busy was fun busy though, and recently I've taken two long road trips to two separate competitions. The first of which, was the Project Work competition, which is where a team of 3-5 people research a topic, really any topic they want, and make a presentation about it. I went along, because there is a seperate section of the competition for English Project Works; so I was there to help with English, and to carry things. It was pretty fun though, and there were a lot of kids from my school that went. The Expo was inside one of the college's buildings, and right across the street, there was a really big hotel that we stayed 3 nights in I believe. But before we got to the hotel, we stopped at Farm ChokChai on the way. This farm was very interesting. First thing we did was get off the bus, and go find something to eat. Me, Tata, and some of his friends walked around looking for somewhere to eat that wouldn't kill our wallets, and we took a few pictures too. Eventually we settled on the ChokChai hamburger house, or something along those lines. I ordered a beef burger, and it definitely didn't taste like the beef does back home, but there was cool music playing (My Sharona and Kung Fu Fighting) so it was neat. After that we walked around the gift shops waiting for our turn to do the Farm Tour. The school paid for the tickets, so there was no reason not to go. Once we got inside, we watched a short film about the founding of the Farm, which again, was very interesting. After that, we went outside, walked through some antibacterial solution, and headed to the milking parlor. When we were there, the farmers milked the cows by hand a little, then showed us the big milking machine, then let a few of the audience try to milk by hand; I got a few pictures, and will be uploading a ton once I get the right adapter. Anyways, from there we got onto this big train of wagons attached to a tractor, and drove off to see a cowboy show. There was gun twirling, and lassoing, and horse back riding. After we watched that, a few of the guys went over to a bunch of ATV's, and paid 180฿ to ride them slowly around a track once. After that we got back in the wagons, and saw about 4 different mini dog shows. Jumping through hoops, counting, obstacle course, etc. The whole thing took about 2 hours and 30 minutes. After that we got back on the bus, and went to the factory outlet, where some of the people got off the bus and bought stuff, but I didn't. Then we headed to the hotel, and the next day all the Project Works were presented, and the day after that they were judged. After the judging we packed up the bus with all the projects, and headed home.
P.S. Sorry if you've emailed me and I haven't responded; I'm trying to only answer them once a week. I'll reply to everybody's emails in 3 days.
-Jamie
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment