Monday, August 11, 2008
Koen Kaen
Today was my first day at school; it was pretty cool. Before I get into that though, I'll talk a bit about yesterday. First thing that really started the day, was calling home. That was really a jump start for the rest of the day. I was feeling really depressed then, and although while I was on the phone things only felt worse, I felt better afterwards. My parents convinced me to fess up to my host parents about being homesick and lonely, so I told my host mom that whilst fending off more tears. She immediately sympathized, and about an hour later my host cousin was going to go to Koen Kaen, basically the biggest city in Maha Sarakham province, and essentially just a huge mall. He was going to shop for furniture, but it was fun anways. I had a nice conversation with Bio (my cousin) about his job. He owns and operates his own IT firm, as well as selling computers. When we got to Koen Kaen we shopped around for furniture a little bit, then met up with my older host brother Toto. From there we went to the central mall, and ate Japanese food. It was the same thing as in Bangkok too, there was a pot of boiling... liquid... in the center of the table, and you threw stuff in to basically make a stew. So we ate that, and my host brother and I finished before my cousin, because he had gone of shopping with a girl, who I'm still not exactly sure who she is. Anyways; my host brother and I went off to just be mall rats, when we ran into the miniature arcade. They had a PS2 that was hooked up to a machine that would turn the controllers on for X minutes; depending on how much money you put in. Toto and I played soccer for about 15 minutes on the Play Station, and then I went over to play "Guitar Beat"(An arcade version of Guitar Hero 1). I didn't really know any of the songs, so to be safe, I went with "More Than A Feeling" by Boston of course, on expert, and kicked it. After that we met up with Bio, and headed home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment